Friday, March 7, 2008

Turning A Corner

Last week, the Techie and I turned a significant corner in our parenting journey. For the first time ever, all four of our kidlets had perfect behavior reports for the entire week. I cried. The mother of the President, the mother of Miss America, the mother of the Nobel Peace prize winner could not be more proud than I am of those five little stars in five little calendar squares in a perfect little row.

Of course, life being what it is, I had to go out of town on a business trip for two days this week, and two of the kidlets decided to reward my travelling ways by racking up some very dramatic red frowny faces. Yet, I still stand tall in the knowledge that for one brief shining moment I was the mother of four -- count them, FOUR -- students of the week! :)

No one can take that away from me.

No comments: